I have been wanting to get a cupcake stand and after looking on pinterest and I found a thrift store cupcake stand with old cups, plates, and gorilla glue. So SLA and I went to goodwill and savers and I found some plates at good will and at Savers I found cups.
Using books to get a tight seal. I did use more gorilla glue then I needed too. Gorilla glue expand three times the size when you put it on. Oppsy!
we are going camping in a couple weeks and I am sick of always borrowing everything from my parents. So I searched only for sleeping bags. I decided I was going to try and make them for the two older girls. (if possible) i found several sites and ideas and my mind started working on the cheapest possible way to make one. I was looking around the house and found an old comforter and decided it would be perfect for one of them. So here are some of the steps I took to make my first sleeping bag!
The comforter that I found in my house.
I decided I could do two layers on the bottom and one on top.
Cut the top off of the top layer. I took the batting from that
and added it in the bottom and folded the bottom to make a pillow.
the picture below is after it was folded and sewn to make a pillow.
a bag I made for the ribbon to hold when the sleeping bag is not rolled up.
what would you do with money you got as a birthday present? WELL, if you are a crafter like me you buy some craft project to do. After seeing this on a blog I like to read I decided that I wanted to do something close to that but I also needed some numbers for birthday pictures. So i combined the two and said these would be great if I was able to start the preschool I want to. So instead of buying myself something I don't need like food or shoes I bought some letters and some paper. I am very happy with the end project which was less than $20!! Also since tulle and ribbon were on sale I naturally bought stuff to make skirts! which I really LOVE!!!!
After making a mistake when cutting the black out for the two I went through all of my scrap booking papers and found the nice sparkly stripped paper that the two now has on it and I like it a whole lot more!!
I chose mostly black and white to go with nannahs Zebra themed room.
I am so excited to have this! The wall is not so empty anymore!
After a year of dealing with vertical blinds. The kids pulling on them and breaking them I have finally made some curtains. My sister in law had some fabric but was a little short so I got a fabric to go with it. Today i finished them and I am very excited about them!!
Here is some of the awesome fabric I got on Black Friday! Nano loves zebra print *wink wink* I made Nano a Blankie for Christmas and also had enough to make her a cute hat and mittens. (yes she is in boy PJs!) I have so much more to do I should get to it!