Friday, May 18, 2012

sleeping bag

we are going camping in a couple weeks and I am sick of always borrowing everything from my parents. So I searched only for sleeping bags. I decided I was going to try and make them for the two older girls. (if possible) i found several sites and ideas and my mind started working on the cheapest possible way to make one. I was looking around the house and found an old comforter and decided it would be perfect for one of them. So here are some of the steps I took to make my first sleeping bag! 
The comforter that I found in my house.


I decided I could do two layers on the bottom and one on top.


Cut the top off of the top layer. I took the batting from that
 and added it in the bottom and folded the bottom to make a pillow.
the picture below is after it was folded and sewn to make a pillow.


 a bag I made for the ribbon to hold when the sleeping bag is not rolled up.



here is the sleeping bad finished
Melly loves it and wants to sleep in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment